Sunday, August 06, 2006

 

1520 pounds later

Used yesterday to make short work (ha!) of 1500+ lbs of cement. Robby was the designated waterboy. Needless to say, my formerly orange wheel barrow is now silver. I've cut and notched six of the nine 6X6s. (I should have done one more so I could post something in reference to 7 of 9 . ;) )
I'll build the frame for the first half of the deck first. I obtained the 2x6x8s today for the joists along with some 2x8x10s that I will use as rim joists. I also bought a 2x6x12 to finish the area near the garage. I was able to get the joist hangars and most of the hardware, but apparently 1/2x6 hex bolts are highly popular. :)

Lowes and HD had 15 together total; hopefully the other three will be available soon. I'll post some in progress pictures tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?