Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

Shooting blanks

No pictures today. The camera refused to believe that either pair of rechargeable batteries could produce power at temps below 28. Arg.

After lunch yesterday, I headed back up the hill with Michael and Dad for some afternoon top of the mountain skiing. As I mounted the skis, I noticed something was askew with the binding....the rear clasp was bent, or more accurately, broken.

Well, I knew on the way out here that these skiis were 8 years old. So, I went back to Christy's to see what they could do. The idea of investing any money in these skiis was not on the agenda. As it turned out they had a newer pair of Volants in the rental inventory that I could use for the afternoon for a modest fee.

I ended up skiing mostly by myself for an hour until the kids made their way up the mountain with Mom at 2. I liked the skiis. I had inquired about options to buy, and I ended up doing exactly that.

The kids had fun, but clearly were still fatigued from all of the travel and adjustment to high altitude. The weather improved to mostly sunny.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?